Sunday, May 18, 2008

Father and Sons Campout

Hyrum and I had a fun father and son's campout together. The mountains here look just like Utah. This campout was on the other side of the mountain from Santa Fe'. I found out that Hyrum loves to wander and explore, eat jellybeans, and throw rocks in the river. We saw someone catch a fish with a fly rod, and Hyrum wanted to "see that fish again". He reminded me all night about the fish. We ate hot dogs, Hyrum's favorite, for dinner and roasted mallos over the fire. I taught Hyrum to twist the rod so the marshmellow wouldn't burn.


I told Hyrum to eat the mallo while holding the stick. He didn't figure out he could hold the stick higher up to get to the mallo. Check it out...

5 comments:

Danny said...

What a fun trip! We had a father's and sons the other week too, but Eli and I just went for the morning. We didn't even see a fish.

Sarah said...

Holly,
What a cute boy you have. It's just so fun to hear him talk. Oh, and Hyrum is really cute too! I love all the pictures. We hope you guys are doing well.

Eric

Marisha said...

Holly! Oh my gosh it's been forever! How the heck are you? Your family looks so cute! Email me or check out my blog and keep in touch, ok?!

marishathomson at yahoo dot com

marishathomson dot blogspot dot com

Sarah said...

Wow, that was the funniest video! I loved how he would stick out his tongue first to reach it!
I'm glad I finally found your blog!
Sarah H.

Red Bed Head said...

I don't know which is funnier, Hyrum eating the marshmallow or Dave's narration! Kevin informed me a week after our father and sons that Oliver packed a snake around with him, a real live little snake, so glad I wasn't there.