PROJECT #2: GARDEN
If you plant it...
It will grow!
An abundant crop.
The zucchini just keeps coming and coming. Zucchini anyone?
PROJECT #3: FLOWERS
Gerbera daisy is my favorite flower. How can you not be happy when you see one of these flowers; they scream "Happiness"! I've always wanted to learn how to plant and care for flowers, but have never really had the opportunity. This year I decided I would never learn if I didn't try so I bought these plants and have done my best to keep them alive. I love seeing color in our backyard and what I love even more is going out in the morning and cutting a few flowers to put in vase on the counter.
Just playing around with the camera...isn't this beautiful!?!
I also experimented a bit with hanging baskets. I really knew nothing about what flowers grow well together or how to care for them, but once again I decided I'd never learn unless I tried. This picture doesn't show the flowers very well, but I've been pleased. Red begonias and yellow marigolds look great together and they've lasted all season. In fact, I thought the begonias were gone and they're starting to bloom again. My mom was a florist and probably laughs and how amateur these are. I'm grateful for her love for beautiful things that she passed on to me.
PROJECT #4: DAVE'S VIOLIN SHOP
Dave built two sets of drawers to store his tools and supplies in.
Now his shop is up and running. Dave has been working most evenings and mornings on a violin. This will be the first instrument made in his own shop.
The violin hanging from the bench is almost done. The varnish is drying.
PROJECT #5: CANNING
I absolutely love canning. The actual process is a bit more stressful now that I have two busy boys to care for, but I still find great enjoyment in being self-sufficient and seeing my cupboards full. This year I canned green beans, tomatoes and salsa, all from our garden. I also did peaches and applesauce.
6 comments:
What a summer! You guys are pretty amazing! Dave, I'm pretty impressed with the brick patio and I'm excited that you're making violins again! That's awesome. Holly, the flowers and garden are beautiful. We love seeing pictures of your family and hope you're doing well. Best of luck with everything
Eric
Wow. You guys have been busy. We have discovered after buying a house that the projects never seem to end. I'm jealous of your garden! And your canning is very impressive. I love your patio. That's pretty impressive.
I am impressed with all of your projects. Your yard looks great and I am jealous of all the canning you got done. We miss you guys!
Whoa - you guys are mega achievers. Way to do so much cool stuff!
That is so amazing that Dave builds violins or makes I don't know what the right word is. I play (mostly played the violin) So I know that not just anyone can make one. That is so awesome.
Thanks for doing this post just for me! I loved it! Sorry it took me so long to see it!
I am so impressed! I cannot get over your garden! It did so well! Who has the green thumb? Can you teach us a little?
And your patio looks awesome. I'm not surprised you guys started over--two perfectionists in one family--it's got to be rough sometimes :)
And your bottled food looks great! The cans were so beautifully stacked--did you make your shelves too? I noticed them in your garage as well. You guys are Yorganized!
Dave, I bet that's nice to have the violin shop all set up. The drawers are just as impressive as the violin!
Oh, and I loved the flowers as well. I'm a big fan of hanging baskets--except all the watering. Yours looked so nice. I loved the big red gerber! Nice photography!
We love you guys and can't wait to visit someday.
Post a Comment