Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby Update

Today I have felt a tender mercy from the Lord. I know that he is so aware of the details of our lives, from the big life altering, down to the small and seemingly insignificant things. At my twenty week ultrasound a choroid plexus cyst was found on the brain of our developing baby. The doctor explained to me that this was a small bubble/blister that forms as the spinal fluid is produced in the choroid plexus. He assured me that this was a common thing and would likely dissovle within the next 4-6 weeks. As a result, I had a follow-up ultrasound today to determine whether the cyst had dissolved or not. The ultrasound revealed a homogenous (isn't that a fun word) choroid, indicating that the cyst was either too small to recognize or it had resolved completely. Even though I wasn't worried and knew that 99.9% of all choroid plexus cysts resolve with no further problems, I realized how much of a miracle the gift of life is. It is almost beyond my ability to comprehend. I feel blessed to be able to be a mother, endowed with this marvelous gift!

As for our little baby...he is the cutest little guy ever (and yes, I am of course very biased). The place I have my ultrasounds done at use the 4D technology which captures features so well, it's amazing. He is measuring a week bigger than my due date and already weighs 1 lb 13 oz. He'll be a big boy, just like his two older brothers. I can't wait to hold this precious boy...only three more months!

10 comments:

Jake & Kim said...

HOLY COW-only 3 more months!! That is going to fly by. I am so happy and grateful too that your ultrasound reveled a great blessing. :)

Rebecca said...

wow, holly, what a blessing. it's so scary and amazing at the same time that so many things could go wrong, but that most of the time, our little ones turn out pretty perfect. what a relief for you!

Emily said...

Glad everything turned out okay! My sister-in-law just went through that same thing. There's already so much to worry about when you're pregnant! Hope the last three months go smoothly.

JMM said...

Wow. A lot has happened since last time I checked in. Congratulations on the potty training, the workshop, and a healthy baby boy. It was exciting to see all of the amazing things that you guys are doing--no surprise, since you are amazing people.

The Girardo Family said...

I haven't been on here for awhile, and wow I didn't know you were almost done, let alone pregnant. Makes me feel like a slacker. Well your little guys are so cute! And the 3rd boy is going to be just as cute!

Courtney said...

I'm glad everything is well with the baby. What great news!

Cherie said...

Having babies is so stressful, and yet so worth it. Good luck the next three months

Lena said...

Hopefully that is the biggest scare you get! Life really is a miracle. What is most amazing to me is that so many can go through the process of carrying a child and never see the miracle!

Lianna said...

Holly
I am so happy that your baby is looking good and healthy. that is such a miracle!
Congrats on the potty training too! It feels so good to have that accomplished. I remember how proud I was when I potty trained Logan!
Your house looks beautiful by the way!

Laura said...

So glad to hear your little guy is healthy. Congrats and best of luck with the rest of pregnancy!