

Today was Hyrum's first day as a Sunbeam at church. We started talking to him about going to the big primary about three weeks ago to help prepare him. Ever since then he has talked about it by saying "I'm so excited," with a huge grin on his face. When I took him to sit with his class today he was a bit hesitant and didn't want to let go of me at first. After several minutes I convinced him that I needed to go to my class, but that I'd come get him when I was done and he could tell me all about being in primary. When I went to get him after church was over he ran up to me with a big smile on his face and gave me a hug. As we drove home I asked him, "How did you like primary today?" to which he responded in the most energetic and enthusiastic voice I have ever heard him use, "It was AWESOME! I Loved it!" At that moment all the throwing, wrestling, mess making, yelling, milk spilling and bedtime refusals that have made me so stressed out lately, didn't seem to matter anymore. Those things have only helped me to appreciate more the times like today when I want to just shout out to the whole world, "
I LOVE being a mom!"
6 comments:
I am so glad Hyrum loved Sunbeam's today. His smile was radiating when I passed him in the hall. You are a great mom and you have the cutest little boys.
Jack loves sunbeams too. What is greater is that I get to be his teacher. I love watching him each Sunday. Singing time is the hardest for me. The songs get me every time and then watching Jack sing along... let's just say I don't wear mascara to church anymore.
That is the sweetest story. I am teaching Sunbeams right now and you never really know how the kids are taking it. Hopefully, they are enjoying it as much as Hyrum!!
I'm glad Hyrum liked his first Sunday as a Sunbeam. He is so cute!
He is gonna love it! Too cute!
He was incredibly excited during Sharing Time. He knew all the stories that went along with the pictures I showed, and all the anwers to the questions. You have done a great job teaching him so much in a short three years.
Post a Comment