So, Hyrum is my little builder. He always wants to build or make things. If he sees something on a cartoon he thinks he can make the same thing. His mind has no limits! The funny thing is he thinks that tape is the master building tool and the solution to every building problem. Just this morning he wanted to make an inverted plane (aka "a ramp"). So that he could push a box of books up it. He leaned several books up against the wall and then asked if he could have some tape to tape the books up the wall to make his inverted plane longer. He never quite understands when I tell him that tape is just not strong enough to hold heavy things together. Multiple times a week he'll come up to me and say, "mom can I have a piece of tape". As a joke I told him that I knew exactly what to get him for his birthday next month..."a roll of tape." I didn't expect the reaction he gave me. His whole face lit up and he got so excited. He would be in absolute heaven if he had a roll of tape of his very own to do whatever he wanted with. Hmmm....this could be a very inexpensive birthday!!!
P.S. As I'm typing this, Hyrum holds up a picture for Thomas to see and says, "Thomas, this is Jesus. You were with him not too long ago before you were born." So, so sweet.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Soooo funny! My kids constantly ask for tape or glue. Your boys sound so sweet. Hyrum is brave too. Kylie gave her first talk okay, but, it was downhill from there. She is starting to do okay now. Breah loves to do it just to show Kylie how easy it is!!
That is priceless!! And don't we all wish everything could be fixed with tape...a leaky roof, a hole in my jeans, the ice maker...I think he has got a great idea. Now we just have to wait about 20 years until he can come up with the AMAZING HYRUM TAPE!!!
Post a Comment