Today was Hyrum's first time being in the annual Primary Program. Since our ward has over 200 primary kids, he didn't have a speaking part, but he had a special singing part. All the Sunbeams got to go up on the stand and sing "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." He was so proud and happy to be up on the stand, he practically yelled the whole song. During his special part as well as all the other songs he sang with rest of the primary, we could hear his voice above all the others. I know it's really not that big of a deal, but we were two proud parents today!
Oh, and on a side note, during the program a big black spider made it's way across the wall, over nine rows, to where we were sitting. Dave stood up in the middle of the meeting and with a tiny tissue I gave him, slammed the spider against the wall. He's now known amongst fellow ward members as the "spider slayer."
After church I captured this video of Hyrum (and William) singing/yelling his debut.

We later found out it was a jumping spider. Isn't she a beauty?
4 comments:
Precious! That right there is a treasure like no other. I love your boys.
The Spiders: "Blast! What is it?
What is it called?"
Dave: "Sting! Sting! Sting!"
The Spiders: "Away! Retreat!
We are no match for Sting!"
What a sweetheart! I bet everyone loved hearing his enthusiasm.
Oh my goodness! I can totally picture Dave smashing the spiders while everyone watched! So funny! I wish we could have seen Hyrum up there singing. I can't wait to tell Millie how he sung loud. She tends to be more quiet.
Post a Comment