Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Family Night Success

Last night for Family Night we did an Easter theme. I hid 12 eggs out in the backyard, each of them with something representing a part of Christ's life the week leading up to his crucifixion and resurrection. After having a great time finding the eggs, we went inside and opened them one by one, discussing what was inside each egg. Even though I made it very simple so the boys would understand, I found that my own testimony of and love for the Savior was heightened as I talked with them about such significant events. I'm so grateful for this time of year when we can refocus our thoughts on He who triumphed over death and made possible our own salvation.


After our lesson we ate bunny-shaped soft pretzels (I forgot to take a picture before we ate them all up) and decorated bunny bags, a tradition Dave did with his family growing up. I was surprised at how well the boys did at drawing bunny faces on their bags. Now the boys (Dave included) are anxiously awaiting when the Easter bunny will come and fill their bunnies with yummy treats!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

this is such a good idea. you're an amazing mom. Thanks for sharing. we miss you guys!

Stef said...

I love it! Isn't it true that more times than not we are teaching ourselves in teaching our children.
Love the bags and the boys!!