Monday, September 12, 2011

Trip to Taos

On Labor Day we spent the day in Taos, enjoying the sights. We've lived in New Mexico for 4 years now and haven't ventured out of Albuquerque much. It was fun to see a new place. As part of our trip we drove up to Taos Ski Valley and for a brief moment I felt like we were back home in Utah amongst the aspens. It was beautiful and the air was so crisp and fresh....oh I wish we lived closer to the mountains! At the end of the day we were tired and the boys were sick of riding in the car; however, I found myself so full of happiness. It is always rewarding to spend quality time together as a family. There truly is no greater joy that I find than watching my children delight in the simple things of life (like the pictures below of them riding on a mechanical horse).











2 comments:

Angela Higbee said...

Its so fun to see pictures of your latest adventures! Your boys are growing so fast, it's unbelievable. They are so handsome! Wish we lived closer and we could do crazy boy things together:) Love you guys....Taos looks beautiful btw!

Julie Barnes said...

Oh, I have always wanted to go up there... I will have to talk Stephen in to a little drive one day. Looks like so much fun!