Saturday, April 6, 2013

Reasons to Rejoice


Today is the 11 year anniversary of my mother's passing.  Each year as I reflect on my feelings I find the sorrow lessening and my joy becoming more full.  I find joy in the knowledge that families can be together forever.  Joy in the knowledge that because of Jesus Christ's resurrection my husband and children will be able to meet her one day.  Joy that through the Atonement of my Savior I can feel peace and comfort during times of sadness when I wish more than anything that she was here with me.  Joy in the memories of the wonderful woman my mother was.  Her love was constant.  She comforted me when I was down and celebrated with me when I found success.  She loved to serve others and taught me by example how small and simple things can make a big difference to someone in need.  I am grateful for all the small and simple things she did for me and hope to honor her by living my life as she did hers. 

No comments: