Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Polar Express Party
Thursday was Hyrum and William's last day of school before winter break, and as luck would have it Hyrum woke up sick that morning and had to stay home from school. He was so sad to have to miss the school spelling bee (he won his class bee and was so excited for the school bee) and his class pajama polar express party. I felt so bad for him and wanted to help him feel special and happy so I planned our own polar express party. I printed polar express tickets and had the kids find them at the breakfast table Friday morning. I told them the train would depart after dinner. We ate homemade pizza for dinner and then I sent the kids upstairs to get on their pajamas. While they were upstairs I strung up some extra Christmas lights, started the fire and pushed the couches together so they kind of resembled a train car. As the kids came downstairs I punched the first letter of their name in their ticket and they excitedly jumped on the couch...er...I mean train! I served them kettle corn and hot chocolate, complete with chocolate chips, marshmallows and a candy cane. They were in heaven and had chocolate all over their faces by the time they were done. It was so fun snuggle on the couch together as a family enjoying the spirit of Christmas. Oh how I love Christmas and our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it, Holly! What a great way to help Hyrum get in on the fun. And it sounds like you had more fun at your party than he would have had at school anyway. Hope he's feeling better!
That is too cute! You are such a great Mom. I love to see what you do with your kids and how you make each one of them feel so important and loved.
Post a Comment