Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up

Hyrum gave his first Primary talk on Sunday and I realized that my baby is not a baby anymore. Before I know it he'll be off at Kindergarten. I need to cherish all the time I have with him now.

The topic of his talk was "Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer". I asked Hyrum what he wanted to tell about Jesus and he came up with a list of things to say. We found pictures that he could look at to remind him what to say. All week he was so excited for sunday to come so he could give his talk. We practiced sunday morning before leaving for church and Hyrum could do the whole talk by himself. As we sat on the stand waiting for his turn he couldn't stop smiling. When I told him he was next he gave me a huge smile and fist pump while saying "yea"! When it was time for his talk he stood up on the stool, his head barely reaching the podium. He looked at the picture, then said "ok mom" and waited for me to tell him what to say. I knew that he could do it himself, but I guess he thinks that's how it's done becuase he saw other mom's whispering in their kids ears before. He did great, though, talking right into the microphone, not scared at all (I was shaking more than he was). I was so proud of our Hyrum. I've included his talk below just for fun.
"Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer."
"He created the world and all the beautiful things; like me, plants, flowers and animals."

"Jesus was baptized so that I can be baptized."

"I can pray to Heavenly Father and Jesus."

"Jesus died and was resurrected so I can live with him again."

"Jesus loves little children, just like me."

"I love Jesus. In the name of Jeus Christ, Amen."

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Holly, I love this! Hyrum has such a sweet testimony.

Stef said...

Very sweet!

Emily said...

That is so cute. Wow, he is growing up!