Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Lost and Found
Today I lost William in Walmart....I know it sounds awful. I have never really lost a child before and I have to admit it was really scary. Once I realized he wasn't with me I tried to remain calm, knowing that William is the type to just wander away without looking back; however, after only a few moments of not finding him I began to feel really nervous. At first I figured he had just gone to the next aisle, but after checking all the nearby aisles I realized he really was lost. My motherly instincts wanted to start screaming out his name, but instead I just began to quickly check aisles that were farther away. Still no William. I asked an assoicate if she had seen him and she began looking around, but to no avail. She then called customer service, but no one had reported a found child. At this point another associate came over and asked for a description of William. He was about to give a "code Adam" over the intercom when another associate came and said that he had been found and was waiting at the fitting rooms. I hurried over there as fast as I could and was so relieved to see him sitting there calmly. A sweet customer and her daughter had found William wandering around in the infant section (far away from where I had been). They said he calmly went with them to the fitting rooms to wait for me. I was proud of how calm William had been and felt so grateful that it was a kind and friendly person who had found him and taken him to safety. Anything could have happened in that 10 minutes while he was gone. I hope I can remember the feelings I had during this experience when I'm tempted to become frustrated with my children. They are just too precious! Nothing else should really matter than loving them, completely loving them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds so scary! I'm glad he was safe and looked after -- that's never the worth-of-a-child reminder that any mother wants!
Post a Comment