With all the leaves changing colors, the weather cooling off, and our upcoming change at home with a baby girl, I thought I'd add just one more change to our lives by changing the length of my hair. Right before moving to Albuquerque I cut my hair and donated it to locks of love. That was a bold step for me since I've had long hair almost my entire life. Four and a half years later my hair has grown back...and then some (this is the longest it has ever been). I was going to just trim 3-5 inches off, but couldn't bear the thought of wasting those inches so I got brave and cut the 10 inches required to donate it to locks of love again. Dave, my wonderful husband, was actually the one who cut it. I felt a little sick inside all of yesterday, wondering if I had made a mistake in cutting off so much (it ended up being about 13 inches), but I know it's just hair and it will grow back eventually. I just hope that those 13 inches will make someone else's life a little more enjoyable.
Before...

Almost 13 inches later...

the end result...

4 comments:
Oh I just love it! It is really hard for me to cut my hair, as well. After I had Edward I cut off 17 inches and cried. I guess it just takes some getting used too. Also, you look so cute and pregnant. :)
I did 12 inches once, it was up to my chin when we were done. I think your hair looks great and your baby bump is darling
Love Love Love it! It looks so healthy and straight! And you did someone a huge service.
The crazy part is that it is still all the way down your back even after 13 inches!! WOW!!!!
Post a Comment